15mg Duromine Journey - Start Date: 11/04

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dobcat, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Dobcat

Dobcat New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hey,

I’ve been up and down with my weight but I’d say for the past year - it has not changed and increased a few kilograms.

Approx 4 years ago I got to my lowest of about 62kgs but I have packed it all on again. I am hopeful the Dr will listen to me tomorrow and able to provide me with a trial month prescription.

I am not sure if anyone feels this way but I struggle mentally to function at my weight. Going to work and my clothes are so tight and I look uncomfortable and I don’t feel adequate enough to be there. I’m on the last hole of my belt... I consider myself to be moderatively active. I go to the gym 3 times a week plus netball training and a competitive game of netball. My partner is also very health and gym focused so we eat quite well. The weight loss just isn’t there. I know about nutrition and the possible side effects and how to best manage them.

Is there anything else I should mention to my Dr? My weight is dragging me down...

Thanks for your support and I hope to have the support on my journey.

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and best of luck to you!!!

Dobcat likes this.
  3. Dobcat

Dobcat New Member
    Registered

Update: spoke to the Dr, she happy to prescribe 15mg Duromine but would like me to have some updated blood tests as I have previously had problems with my thyroid.

So will wait to start the Duromine until results from the blood test come back...

I am excited to start, I need to get my life back on track....

Is anyone on the oral contraception pill and also taking Duromine? I should have asked my Dr...

4. Dobcat

Dobcat New Member
    Registered

Wednesday, 11 April 5.30am - taken my first 15mg Duromine - I am excited for this month !!

No gym this morning (sore from Mon/tues classes) and I have netball training tonight. Be interesting to see if exercise at night helps me sleep better with the Duromine as I usually go to the gym in the morning.

Hopefully 15mg is the right dose - check back with the Dr in a month

5. Ngaire

Ngaire New Member
    Registered

Hello!
    Our stats are almost identical my start weight is 84kg , I’m 165cm and started taking Duromine yesterday :)
    I too also was at my lowest of 64kgs about 3 years ago....
    best of luck, I’d love to read your updates :)

April, Dobcat and Stargazer like this.
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hey Dobcat, how is it going?

7. Dobcat

Dobcat New Member
    Registered

Hey April - thanks so much for checking in. All really well - my side effects are minimal - not sure if anyone else gets it but some days I get acid reflux/burning in my throat which is new for me. I still get hungry etc but I think that's because I am on the lowest dose. I think I will ask the Dr about her thoughts going to 30mg next month.

Took myself to the gym on Saturday morning by myself (I only really go with my friend) and saw the car park was full - I started to get nervous but then I walked inside and everyone was in classes - I had the whole gym to myself. It felt good to train on my own like I used to but omg my legs and glutes have only just recovered today.

Weighed myself yesterday morning and it was 81.4kg but my weight fluctuates really bad so I am thinking maybe just water weight/less bloat but hopefully I can see 79.something next Wednesday!

I have read taking metamucil can help - should I buy some to give it a go?

Also - I have not told anyone I am taking Duromine - has anyone else kept it to themselves or am I crazy?

8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh, sounds like everything is going pretty well! Great work on that gym session! =) Feels nice, huh? Fingers crossed you get in the 70s soon!

As for Metamucil… it might help or might contribute to constipation and bloating. People have different reactions to increased fiber intake. In addition, Duromine can also cause constipation. At that, some users manage to solve this issue with more fiber, while others need to lower their fiber intake to help the bowels work well again. So.. I can’t tell you for sure that Metamucil will work ok with Duromine.

As for keeping Duromine use to yourself – it’s a normal thing. We have a thread somewhere here, where people share whom they tell, if they do, and many many users prefer not to tell anyone at all. So it’s really fine. It’s your choice =) Cheers!