1 week weigh in and not even 1kg gone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joanne87, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

Well today marked my one week weigh in, was feeling so good to hit the scales I had been eating so healthy all week salad wraps, fruit, yougart you get the point had been walking on the treadmill, so as you can imagine I'm deverstated that I did not shed one single kg :( has this happened to anyone ? I'm not going to give up though I'm going to keep on doing what I have been doing the last week and hope to see some sort of result next Saturday when I weigh in

2. jenny78

jenny78 New Member
    Registered

Hiya yep I was the same. My weight didn't actually start shifting till into my second week! I am on duromine 15mg and I have just started on my second month script. Doc kept me on 15mg as I'm quite sensitive to medication. Took me 3 weeks to lose my first 4kg. Hold on and don't give up it will happen soon. Good luck!

3. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

Thanks got the reply jenny, I had be reading so much where people had been shedding amazing kgs in the first week and I had eaten so healthy but hearing that it can take time only makes me more determined :)

4. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

I think I spoke to soon, I weighed myself this morning and 1.8kgs gone not a huge lose but better then nothing

gemma marshall and shellyisme like this.
  5. jenny78

jenny78 New Member
    Registered

Well done! That's awsome:)

Joanne87 likes this.
  6. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Congratulations on the LOSS! Any loss is good, you should not feel discouraged. And remember that sometimes you lose more cm than weight, so it is also a good idea to measure yourself every now and then. Some weeks I do not notice a big loss kg wise, but the cm drop of, so that is good for me!

Joanne87 likes this.
  7. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

Thanks, it's funny you say that because even though it isn't a huge lose I have noticed some of my clothes are a lot looser around the waist :)

8. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Wonderful Joanne! I try on some of my "skinny" clothes about once a month, and if one of the pieces fit again I am over the moon! When I reach my goal weight I will have a whole new wardrobe without having to spend any money, can't wait!:p

Joanne87 likes this.
  9. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

Good thinking I'm going to try that, it's day 12 for me today and I have gone from 75kg to 72kg. To some people it's not much but to me 3kg in under 2weeks is fantastic and I couldn't be happier, can't wait to see what the next 12 days bring :)

10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Ladies, how about to throw the old "big" clothes away, so that never go back to it again?
    Another motivation to never look back on old you and never become overweight again. :D
    (well, not necessarily to "throw away", to donate it to poor people, for example)

Joanne87 likes this.
  11. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent idea Kate, the clothes that are really too big now I do throw out as motivation not to go back. Buying new ones would be just to expensive, haha:D:p