• DAY 1 •

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bree____, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Was 15mg of Duromine effective for you or did you need to increase your dose?

1. I needed to increase my dose to 30mg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The 15mg worked great for me

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I needed to increase my dose to 40mg to see results!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bree____

Bree____ New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone!

My name is Bree and today is my first day starting Phentermine. I just thought I would introduce myself. I am a mum to a 2 year old girl, a wife to a wonderful and supportive husband and a part time registered nurse. I am hoping to use this forum as a support network, a place to put my progress down in writing and a place to have any questions answered.

Weight: 107kgs
    Height: 166cm
    Hips: 132.5cm
    Waist: 115cm
    Bust: 122cm

My GP has started me on 15mg daily. My chemist dispensed me the generic brand of phentermine which isn't called Duromine but another brand name starting with M (I hope this will have no change in the medications effectiveness).
    So far today I have had no negative side effects, nor have I had a feeling of a sudden 'burst' of energy. I don't feel as fatigued today as I generally do but on top of starting phentermine today I have also drank my first Matcha Green Tea drink which is 100 times stronger than a regular green tea and states it increases your energy so am unsure whether the increased energy level has come from the medication or the tea.
    I haven't felt hungry today but in saying that I have followed the meal plan that my GP has set out for me.

As soon as I woke up this morning I had 1 fresh date and took my tablet at 7.30am. I was planning on getting up earlier to take the tablet but my daughter is getting her molers and decided it would be a great idea to be awake for 3hrs in the middle of the night!!!! So I was tired this morning to say the least haha.
    After this my GP wanted me to do 1km of 200m run and then 100m walk, this morning was raining relatively heavy where I live so I didn't go and am planning to go for a walk with my family tonight after my husband is home from work.
    I got up and sorted out my daughter and then had breakfast at 8am which was 2 poached eggs with grainy toast and half an avocado.
    At 10.30am I had my matcha green tea with 700ml of water and ice
    12.30pm I had 2 cups of salad dressed with a capfull of apple cider vinegar and 100grams of lean eye fillet steak
    I am now about to have some natural yoghurt (100g) and fresh fruit at 3.30pm

As I am typing this I can feel my mouth becoming dry so am hoping this is the effects of the tablet kicking in (this morning I was worried it wasn't working when I didn't feel any different).

I am really determined to lose all of my excess weight, I want to start feeling better about myself, have more energy to keep up with my VERY active 2 year old and enjoy outdoor activities with my family.
    I want to be able to wear clothes that I actually like and not rotate between the same few outfits that fit me and lastly, I need to lose this weight so we can start trying for another baby, we have been unsuccessfully trying for the last 5 months and have decided to put our plans on hold so I can take care of myself first and get this weight under control.

If anyone has any tips or would like to share their story with me (positive or negative) I would be very much appreciative! Xx

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Bree and welcome to the forum! May your weight loss journey be a very successful and exciting one! It is so great that you have decided to change your life and become more active, to spend more time with your precious daughter and, in general, lead a dynamic and full life without letting the extra weight to take these away from you.

Having a supportive husband is another great thing. If he will do his best to help you on your way, it will be a double pleasure!

I see, you already have a plan, prescribed by your doctor, and this is fantastic! Of course, I can understand that it is not an option to run under pouring rain. However, you should make a decision on the exercises you will replace jogging with on days like this one. I usually suggest people starting and ending their day with plank exercises. These take about 3 min, if you make several plank options, and about 30 sec, if you make just the classis plank. Either way, it is already beneficial for your muscles and overall body tone. You can find plenty explanations on youtube on how you should do it correctly, as well as routines with several plank exercises in a row. Another thing I could suggest is Tabata. You can find 8-minute workouts that will make your muscles work like crazy. SO, Tabata session is a very good alternative to jogging, especially due to the fact that your muscles keep working long hours after you finish the workout.

So sorry for the sleepless night and your poor child. These teeth… hopefully, you will sleep all night long when they’re out. We all need our beauty sleep. =))

I would also suggest you to set mini-goals and reach them. I see it works pretty well for most people. Some enjoy awarding themselves after they reach a mini-goal with something useful or nice (not the food). =)

Coming to your question about 15 mg... I never used it, I started with 30 mg and continued with this strength throughout the entire 3-month course. However, years of my practice show that 15 mg is effective for many people. Some stick to it, others increase their dose. No one can tell you for sure, if it will work for you or you will need to up it. Time will show. Good luck to you and keep up a good pace in whatever you do!

Kate likes this.
  3. Bree____

Bree____ New Member
    Registered

Thanks so much for your reply April! I actually ended up doing some planking yesterday while my daughter napped and then walked about 3km's last night before dinner which was great. Dinner last night was 2 cups of non starchy vegetables and 100g of lean steak stir fried with 1 teaspoon of soy and 1 teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce.
    I will definitely look up Tabata, thanks so much for the suggestion!

I actually slept pretty well last night, went to bed at 11pm and was asleep by 11.30pm. Our daughter woke up in pain at 3am and came into our bed and we all went straight back to sleep which was nice until 7am when my husband started work.

A mini goal is a good idea. I will have a think about a goal that is challenging but achievable. I have a lot of weight to lose so a few mini goals until I get to my big goal should hopefully help keep me motivated. And I like the idea of a treat haha, a new outfit and a massage sounds right up my alley!

I am going back to see my GP next Wednesday just so he can check my blood pressure and heart rate and see how I'm feeling/going on the 15mg so I guess I will just have to wait until then to see how everything's progressing and we will make a decision from there :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

• DAY 2 •
    I am working night shift tonight so have juggled my day a little bit differently to yesterday/what I plan to do on 'normal' days.
    Woke at: 7am and ate 1 date
    Breakfast: 8.30am, 1 piece of grainy toast and mayers peanut butter (100% peanuts), (my GP did suggest 2 pieces for breakfast but I thought if I have only 1 then I will be able to take 1 slice to work as night shift usually makes me hungry).
    Duromine: Taken at 11am hoping it will help me to feel less tired on my night shift tonight.
    Morning snack: Just been sipping on my iced green tea drink with 1L of water and ice today since 11am
    Lunch: 1.30pm, 2 cups of salad, today I added a tablespoon of diced tinned beetroot and a thumb size piece of danish feta to make things a bit more exciting and had around 80g of chicken breast today instead of the steak.
    Afternoon snack: 4.30pm, 100g of natural yoghurt and around 4 strawberries.
    Dinner: I am unsure what I will have for dinner tonight, definitely chicken breast because I already have some in the fridge and then probably some roasted vegetables, maybe cauliflower, carrot and zucchini with Moroccan seasoning sprinkled over them and will aim to eat at 8pm.
    Overnight at work I will take 1 piece of grainy bread and peanut butter for a slice of toast and a piece of fruit - probably a pear and a green tea and I'll try and space them out every 3 hours.

I am just about to do some planking and will go for another walk tonight before work and at work tonight should easily be able to clock up 10,000 steps.

I have had no side effects at all today. I don't feel as energised as I did yesterday. No mouth dryness so far but I have been voiding more than usual. Because my mouth hasn't been as dry today I definitely haven't drank as much water and am having to constantly remind myself to drink. But all in all I am feeling pretty good. A slight headache but that's probably my body starting to withdraw from sugar and it's manageable without and pain relief.

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Bree! Oh wow! Applause for the exercising! And I definitely like what you eat. Well done on both aspects! =)

Awww… sleeping together is always so sweet. I usually oversleep, if my youngest sneaks in to sleep with us. =))

I am glad my tips scored a hit. =))) And congrats with no side effects. Sounds like everything goes nice and smoothly now. Guess you should have a reminder for water. That helps until you get used to this hydration regime. I am sure you know that it’s a lot better if you drink in small portions during the entire day, rather than having 1 l of water at once. Headache… yes, you might be right about its cause. Yet again, it might be insufficient hydration that causes the headache. Insufficient food intake also may cause this, but I think you eat enough, so don’t forget to drink and have a great day (night?)!!! =0))

Dee2017 likes this.
  5. Dee2017

Dee2017 Active Member
    Registered

Hi Bree,

I just wanted to wish you all the best on your weight loss journey... looks like your off to great start :D

Dee

April likes this.
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Bree! So how was your weekend? How do you feel today? Wish you a great week, lots of activity and tons of wonderful mood!

7. Bree____

Bree____ New Member
    Registered

Hey April! We had a lovely weekend thankyou. I'm feeling good but am starting to feel hungry in the evenings despite sticking to my meal plan. I'm going back to my GP for my first check up tomorrow so I will bring that up with him and it will be interesting to see how much I've lost. When he originally weighed me on his scales I was 105kg but they are old scales and I've counted my starting weight at 107kg as that's what I am on my scales at home.
    No side effects at all the last couple of days, not even a dry mouth so I haven't actually been drinking as much water as I was and as much as I would like to.
    I brought some little health journals and have been writing all of my stuff in there, hence why I haven't been on this in a little while but thanks for checking in!!

Thanks Dee!! I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey too!! :)

April likes this.